REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
What do people hate about colivings?
We survey our members and the enooooormous list of people interested in joining WildWifi, so know a thing or two about what people like and don’t.
The big problems most of us find with coliving are:
- Lack of cleanliness and messiness. It’s important to set ground rules and create environment that people respect.
- Privacy and personal space. If private rooms aren’t an enjoyable space to spend time, we can offer struggle finding personal space. This is a big focus for us along with having plenty of small areas to hide away in.
- Inconsiderate behavior. Sounds simple, but it’s not!
- Cost. Some colivings are in super trendy locations and charge extortionate amounts to stay without much community or friendliness. WildWifi is in Namibia where the cost of living is lower (although some items have high import tax!) and we partner with local businesses to offer a great experience that is more affordable and also benefits the local economy.
- Distractions and productivity. Have you ever tried working in a hostel!? It’s terrible. What you need is a coliving with a dedicated workspace and mindset geared to doing the best work of your life – not people running around backpacking in partying all day.
- Limited availability of single rooms. A lot of digital nomads travel solo and like to enjoy a room to themselves. This is obviously beneficial but does come at a greater cost. Colivings are already made affordable due to the monthly rates, and single occupancy rooms provide less income than doubles.
Adjusting to new people. Yeh, this can be tough. At WildWifi, our ambition is to have a good number and variety of people at the coliving but split into smaller clusters. This gives you the benefit of meeting lots of people but the connection of a tight-knit group. We also organise a Welcome Night Braai BBQ and many other social events.